MICROBIOME COURSEFURTHER DEVELOP YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE MICROBIOME
OVERALL AIMS OF THE COURSE
Changes in the microbiome have a direct link to today’s ‘modern diseases’. As a graduate of the Functional Nutrition course, continue your education and learn the most ‘cutting edge’ research on the Microbiome.
WHAT IS THE MICROBIOME?
The microbiota is the collection of microorganisms (mostly bacteria) that live on and in us. Microorganisms outnumber our own cells by ten-to-one. Humans are made up of approximately ten trillion cells while our hidden microbial world that inhabits us has one hundred trillion cells. One of the largest body sites that microorganisms like to populate is the gut. The gut contains 95% percent of our microbiota.
Our microbiota plays an important role in digestion and the syntheses of vitamins; the development and maintenance of the immune system; communication with the brain and other tissues, and many more marvellous processes.
The microbiome is the collection of all the genomes and genes housed in the microbiota. In us, the human genome contributes to approximately 23,000 genes that make us, well us!
Many changes in the gut microbiota have been linked to a whole array of disorders and disease states including depression, food intolerance, obesity, cancer, inflammatory bowel disease and chronic disease.
That is why it is SO important to have and maintain a healthy, balanced gut.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
It is perfect for you if you are:
- A graduate of the Functional Nutrition Course
- Looking to develop your knowledge and understanding of the microbiome
- Passionate about helping people understand the importance of GUT health
- Working in the health industry and looking to enhance your existing career
- Prior learning is recognised by application
- 10 Modules – each module includes videos, written lesson material, further readings and an assessment
- Written assessment required within each module to broaden your critical thinking skills and knowledge about the Microbiome. Reflective feedback will be provided by our qualified assessors.
- Study anytime with the self-paced online course
- Support from the Functional Nutrition Academy team and online forum
- 12 month access to the online content
READY TO ENROL?
Enrolments to the Microbiome Course are by application only. The Investment is $697 for graduates of the Functional Nutrition Course or $1497 if you meet the required prior learning criteria. Please complete your details below and we will be in touch.